Thursday, August 1, 2013

Spotlight :: Bastille

You guys. You guys. This band is so fantastic, I can't believe what I was missing.

For those who don't know, Bastille is a four-man band from London, England that expanded from a solo project founded by Dan Smith. They formed in 2010.

And three years later, they release their debut album Bad Blood on September 3rd of this year, so maybe I'm not so late to the party after all!

The British band's style is best described as neo-synth pop with a heavy 80s influence. The artists they remind me of are Florence + The Machine, Neon Trees, Foster the People, & Walk the Moon. 

I will admit, their stuff before Haunt EP didn't impress me. My expectations were too high after I listened to "Pompeii" and "Haunt - Demo". It was too electronic for my liking. However, their EP definitely shows promise and potential and makes me extra excited for their new album. All four songs are excellent in their own ways.

Part of me wanted to save this post till the album comes out, but the review of Bad Blood will come, so I might as well gush about my first impression of them beforehand!

Must-Listen List:

I'm always looking for new music to review and to share with all of you, so leave your music suggestions in the comments or send me a video via my contact page!

Hope everyone's having a lovely day, and Happy August! (Wow that came really quickly).

Till next time xx,

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yeah they are amazing. Have seen them performe twice in Holland and Belgium, great band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm sure they'd be great live :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...