Sunday, August 25, 2013

Spotlight :: Mat Kearney

Hello everyone! I've been kinda at a loss for post ideas, so I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite artists, Mat Kearney.
(image via last.fm)
 
Name: Mathew William "Mat" Kearney
Age: 34
From: Eugene, Oregon (aww yeah, Pacific Northwest!)
Genre: Singer-Songwriter, Alternative, Indie, Rock
Years Active: 2003 to present
For Fans of: Peter Bradley Adams, Ben Rector, Matt Nathanson, Parachute
Official Site

Why I love this artist:


(image via last.fm)
What makes this singer-songwriter unique is his musical style, which is best described as "Acoustic/Hip Hop fusion", especially with his song Hey Mama. In addition to singing, he also plays guitar, harmonica, piano, CP70, mandolin, synthesizer, and vibraphone. Talk about multi-talented.

I also love Mat because of his smooth voice. Wow, I could listen to it all day. These are some of my favorite tracks from him:


Also, check out this AMAZING acoustic version of All I Have below!


Fun Fact: Annie was the first song I heard from him, off Pandora Radio.

What's your favorite song from Mat or your favorite singer-songwriter?

Till next time xx,

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...