Sunday, September 1, 2013

In Retrospect: August

PC: Christina Kilbourn
As we all know, August is on its last legs and September is quickly upon us. Quicker than I expected, definitely. The end of my summer has come and it's back to the grindstone in only a few days. This month was really nice, with summer winding down and me revving to get back to school (that isn't sarcasm, I was actually pretty excited to go back).

Inspired by one of my favourite blogs, The Dainty Squid, I decided to do a reflective post on the previous month.

Noteworthy posts from August

(original picture credit)








August Jams:

For more of my music taste, check out my last.fm profile!

Happenings, Events, Lessons:
  • I have made an initiative to get into better shape. I'm gonna start going to the gym on campus, eating better, etc. It's gonna be difficult, but I'm gonna do my best.
  • I moved into my dorm at school for my sophomore year! I got to move in early to help with the freshmen orientation (yay freshmen!) and it took me at least two days to unpack everything. Even though it's rather noisy, I love the new energy on campus brought by the class of 2017. It's like the campus is buzzing with new life, and I love it so much.
  • I really got into the band Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, and Vampire Weekend. Maybe it's because of all the new music coming out, but I've been jamming to them a lot lately. Thanks to some of my friends with more of an indie taste in music, I'm being exposed to a lot of new music.
  • I went diving for the first time in a year! I got open water certified last summer and finally got to get back into the water a few weeks. I'll make a post about it soon, but I was a little hesitant since all the pictures were taken by my awesome instructor and I wouldn't want to steal her thunder.
  • I started the book The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galibrath/J.K. Rowling, and I'm trying to give it a chance. However, it's rather difficult to get through. I'm honestly ready to give up on it (sorry, Jo).
  • I learned that 4 months is quite a long time to be home (a little too long, some days), but I appreciate what I have and how I'm lucky to have such a long vacation.
  • I got tanner! Thanks to that Hawaiian sun :)
Here's hoping September is awesome!

Till next time xx,

Sierra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...