Friday, July 26, 2013

Weekly Tuneage :: Vance Joy

 

I'm taking advantage of plural nature of "tuneage" and posting multiple posts (if you haven't noticed already, I really really REALLY like talking about music).
This is Riptide by Vance Joy. I need to gush about this: I'm head-over-heels in love with this song. Vance Joy, an indie-folk artist from Melbourne, Australia has really caught my attention. It's been on repeat for days (and I really do mean days). The use of ukulele matches so well with his voice. I'm currently teaching myself how to play this song on the guitar (it's only three chords and a capo, but super fast strumming pattern). Really upbeat song that puts me in a sunnier mood.

So yeah, check it out. He's currently touring with his new album (or album in progress, I'm not entirely sure) in Australia, Canada, and part of the U.S.

ALSO, if you like this song you should seriously listen to the Tram Sessions version below. It's beautiful and wonderful and rad.

Enjoy the awesome music and let me know what you think!

Till next time xx,

Sierra

(Also, I won't be surprised if this becomes "Daily Tuneage" soon....We shall see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...