Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Mix/Mix it Up #3 - All Mashed Up

Something I've noticed in my browsing of the Internet that a ton of really cool mash-ups have been cropping up. I thought I'd share some of my favorites!

1. "I Write Sins Not Sex Yeah" - Marina and the Diamonds vs. Panic! At The Disco - These two tracks seem to fit wonderfully with each other.

2. "Billie Jean Got Lucky"- Daft Punk vs. Michael Jackson - Daft Punk's newest single sounds like it was almost MEANT to be mashed with Michael Jackson.

3. "Viva la Primadonna" - Marina and the Diamonds vs. Coldplay - Marina and the Diamonds' newest album Electra Heart has put Marina Diamandis in the spotlight as of late. In addition, her songs are great to mash up, as you will notice with this list. This is up there as my top favorite mash up.

4. "The Take Over The Break's Over / I Write Sins" - Fall Out Boy vs. Panic! At The Disco - I'm not entirely sure what it is, but Panic!'s music is easily paired with other songs almost effortlessly. This combination with Fall Out Boy is definitely a winner, despite Patrick's vocal pitch manipulation.

5. "Love Story/Viva La Vida" - John Schmidt (Taylor Swift vs. Coldplay) - An instrumental mash up, I find this track immensely beautiful, emotional, yet relaxing.

6. "Red Titanium"- Taylor Swift vs. David Guetta - I'm not a huge fan of both songs on their own, but putting them together was one fantastic idea.

7.  "Bubblegum Bitch / I Write Sins Not Tragedies" - Marina and the Diamonds vs. Panic! At The Disco - Made by the same person who created the first mash-up, this is the original that inspired "I Write Sins Not Sex Yeah", and I find it equally as good.

8. "Radioactive vs. Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons vs. Marina and the Diamonds - I know, I know, a lot of Marina. But this combination with Imagine Dragons's power anthem is an electro-synth earful.

9. "Lucky 22" - Taylor Swift vs. Britney Spears - When I first saw this, I didn't think it would work. I was pleasantly surprised. Makes "22" much more likable, somehow.

10. "The Kings and Queens Will Fix You" - 30 Seconds to Mars vs. Coldplay - Saving the best for last, this mashup is exceptionally beautiful and ethereal, combining Coldplay's haunting piano chords and Jared Leto's resonant vocals.

So, I'm currently in the UK right now, but I'm queueing this up so I can at least update my blog somewhat in the case that I won't have a lot of time.

Enjoy the music and feel free to leave any of your favorite mash ups below in the comments.

Till next time xx,

Sierra

Follow me on BlogLovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...