Friday, May 31, 2013

Day #1 - Beginning of the adventure

After many weeks of planning, careful and otherwise, we finally set off for our UK adventure. We left at noon and flew from Spokane to Minneapolis/St. Paul, which took about 2.5 hours. But then we were greeted with a totally phenomenal international terminal station. They had complementary iPads for us to use in the terminal which I thought was really cool.

And because it was there I got some frozen yogurt, too.

It was amazing in there: comfy seats, free Internet, and you could also order food from the iPads and they would bring it to you! 
So, after watching 2 movies and sleeping only about an hour out of 7, we landed in The Heathrow airport in London. The customs line was extremely long but it moved fairly fast. However, the customs guy asked me why I wasn't traveling with my parents. So I had to remind him that I'm 19 and I don't have to go with my parents anymore. Apparently I look really young....

Once we got through customs, we got our bags and hopped on a shuttle to our hotel. The drive was a little long but it gave us some time to look at everything. 

Fighting desperately the urge to fall asleep after being awake for over 24 hours, we left the hotel and decided to walk around what was close by, which happened to be Parliment and Big Ben.

Then we got hungry and ate surprisingly good Japanese food. The chicken katsu was delicious!


So now we're back in our hotel and we have a pretty loose plan for tomorrow. What really surprised me was how close everything is to each other and how accessible different places are. 
But before all of that, we need to sleep.
I'll have fresh updates tomorrow when we explore the city some more!

Till next time xx,

Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...