Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday Mix/Mix It #2 - UK Bound

Yeah, I know, it's Tuesday at least for a few more minutes. But I didn't have much time to blog at all the past two days due to rampant research on what to do in London (I leave for my trip this Thursday!), so I'm making up for it now.

Since I'm leaving this week, here are some of my favorite songs of the moment and others that remind me of my current travel destinations.


01. Do Or Die - 30 Seconds to Mars

Off Mars's newest album LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS, this song really gets me pumped up, and is one of my favorites off the new CD along with City of Angels and Northern Lights. Definitely an energetic anthem. Since I'm over the moon about Mars (ha, get it? Mars, moon...okay nevermind) releasing new music, I had to include it in this mix.





02. 93 Million Miles - Jason Mraz 


So, I'm kind of in love with Jason Mraz. When I saw him in concert he played this song and I instantly fell in love with it. This track is off the album Love Is A Four Letter Word and really has a nostalgic vibe to it that I find beautiful. To me, it says that you can always come home no matter where you go and for how long.
03. Heartland - Celtic Thunder

Since I'm travelling to Ireland, I added my favorite song from one of my favorite Irish groups. Some of you may know one of their former members, Damian McGinty, from Glee or The Glee Project. This imagery and power in this song, especially in the percussion, really captures the emotion of a storm and hope.





04. C'mon, C'mon - One Direction

Oh come on, I had to. British boy band on the travel playlist while I'm going to Great Britain, it only makes sense. This song has been frequently played on my iPod for months now. It's definitely a fun, party track with the typical but lovable boy band charm.





05. With or Without You - U2

Recently I've been really into U2 and this is my favorite song by them (along with Where The Streets Have No Name and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For). I'm not ashamed to say that I sing this all the time, in the shower or otherwise, (and I sound pretty good, too, I think). The Irish band, with Bono's stellar voice, fits perfectly with my upcoming travel locations!




06. Penny Lane - The Beatles

So, my iPod actually erased itself for some reason, so I had to reload all my song onto it. I didn't have this one on it before but I thought as I looked through my family's collective iTunes library, "Hey, why not?". I think it's a great, cheery tune from the signature British Invasion band. Can't go wrong with The Beatles!



07. On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons has been blowing up the charts since their release of their first album, Night Visions. This is definitely an upbeat track with similar clapping rhythms as hit single It's Time and accurately reflects on how amazingly excited I am for my excursion.




08. Dance, Dance - String Quartet Tribute
Throwing this in there for fun! This is a freaking AWESOME string tribute to Fall Out Boy and one of their most popular songs. I love this cover and think it's brilliant.


That concludes my little mix for this week! You can listen to it on 8tracks here below or click here!



Hope you enjoy, and please tell me what you think in the comments below!


Till next time xx,

Sierra

Follow me on BlogLovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...